Studying in Australia

22 Mar 2018 20:22 PM

There are various visas that you can apply for depending on your plans in Australia.

Student visa (subclass 500)
If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for the Student visa (subclass 500).

There is specific information for Foreign Affairs and Defence sponsored students and school sector students.

Find out how to apply for family members to join you.

There is more information for students including genuine temporary entrant requirements, health insurance, English language requirements, financial capacity requirements and changing courses.

Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)
If you plan to come to Australia to provide care to a student under 18 years, you can apply for the Student Guardian visa (subclass 590).

Training visa (subclass 407)
For training opportunities which allow you to take part in structured workplace-based training, you may be eligible for the Training visa (subclass 407).

Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
If you have finished your studies and wish to work in Australia temporarily, you may be eligible for the post-study work visa, the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).